Online sessions are a fun and effective approach to learning about your body’s best way of being in the world. Together, we will take a problem-solving approach to your physical challenges and limitations. Gently, your relationship with your body will change, as I coach you through practices that will help you replace harmful habits with ease of movement.
During your first online session, we will:
- Discuss what brings you — pain, stress, skill enhancement, well-being
- Talk about your goals and what improvements I think will be possible from our work together
- Explore your head/neck joint in sitting and standing
- Build awareness of proprioception
- Practice releasing tension and un-doing muscular contraction
- Compare and contrast balanced postural states
- Come up with a plan for you to practice on your own
Over the course of a series of online sessions, we will:
- Learn basic Alexander Technique practices and principles
- Explore body-mapping and functional anatomy
- Compare and contrast effective postural states and movement
- Practice using your new skills in activities you choose, whether working at a desk, preparing a meal, singing, playing an instrument or doing yoga.
- Learn about breathing, and how good breathwork supports you as you move through your day
- Check in on your progress: What’s working? Where you need support?
- Design specific practices for your future independent work
- What does it mean to embody wholeness in your life?
Cost: $50 per 30-minute session
Skype, Zoom and FaceTime supported
Email or call to schedule a session:
email@example.com or 510-219-5097